New Moon Content Widget

Monday, March 29, 2010

Eighth Grade Bites- Summary or No Summary?

Dear Fellow Twilighters,

I have decided to stop my summaries of the Blue Bloods series so you'll have to read the books by your self.

I have recently finished the first book, Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer, in The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod. It was a good book that I would recommend to any young reader who likes vampire novels. It is told in third person, telling the views of others at times, just like Blue Bloods. I will not be posting a summary on this (at the moment) because I have to write a two page, in depth, English essay on this book; unless I change my mind in the future (and there is a good chance of that).

My mom surprised me when I got home from school today with a new book! The second instalment of the series above- Ninth Grade Slays. Also, to make my very joyful, I have received my invitation to the eighth grade dance! It is masquerade themed just like the after party in Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz. I love the whole idea of everyone not knowing who is who which will be a pain for the chaperons. It's very romantic and it makes me think of the scene in Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare where Beatrice knows it is Benedick behind his mask and is insulting him (making fun of him, not being mean.) and he doesn't have a clue who is behind her mask. I laugh every time I think about it!

To get to the Twilight part of my post- my sister and cousin had a New Moon party the other night where she watched Twilight and New Moon back to back with a whole bunch of junk food. The perfect girls night. My cousin was very upset at the fact that Bella took so long to get to Edward when he was about to reveal himself to everyone in Voltera. She was like, "I would've been screaming and pushing everyone out of the way. I'd say 'GET OUT OF THE WAY! i NEED TO SAVE MY MAN", and I kinda agree that the scene took a little longer than it should've.

Ok, I've got homework so I'm out. -- Lell

No comments:

Post a Comment